Sunday, August 5, 2007

Comments: Nothing inspirational

Okay, I don't usually post my replies to blank e-mails. So by posting this, I am not suggesting that I will start posting responses to all the blank e-mails I receive. This particular e-mail had a subtle confidence to it that unspired me. Obviously, anyone else who sends similar blank e-mails will be acknowledged as well. So without further ado, the letter and my response...

On Aug 5, 2007, at 7:12 AM, allan godshall wrote:

To which I replied:

Thanks for the uncouragement. Your e-mail said "it" all. Just the boost I needed to keep doing nothing all the live-long day. Sometimes nothing seems a vain pursuit, or even a poorly thought out business, but then someone like you comes along and put's everything into perspective. Or do I mean out of perspective? Doesn't really matter. The fact is that you've given me a renewed sense of lack of purpose. I'm going to get back off that horse and try and find a blank space to lie in and just... dwell on the past.

Thanks. I can tell that you really know nothing, and that is a gift to treasure (treasure meaning to put aside or lock away).

--Xymyl (KON)

No comments: