Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fanmail: Not quite new to nothing...

On Jul 9, 2007, at 11:12 PM, Bryan L. wrote:

I can now say I've been at nothing for a while. In my case this would probably mean more than just a while, though, when you consider the nothing that came before this website.

Great site! I can honestly think of nothing else to say. =:)

Bryan L.

To which I replied:

Bryan,

I'm not sure what you mean by most of what you said in your e-mail. However, I do hope you meant nothing by it. You truly seem to appreciate nothing. But some who act like they love nothing are really hiding something. I don't think this is the case with you, but just to be sure, I'd like to find out nothing else you have to say. I only ask this because you did say "else". So you can understand why I need to be sure.

You started out saying something - kind words about nothing and the nothing.net website. This is forgivable. Indeed, we need to forgive ourselves every day as part our daily generalized therapeutic negation. Not that we live monastic lives of self denial, but we strive for the nullific existence of nonacceptance. This, of course can not only be achieved, but it can also not quite be achieved. But the unreachable goal we often seek is "it's" own reward.

As I drink unfiltered air from a brick, I am reminded that this - like many things - is unlikely, but nothing really is possible.

Thank you for your pure, true and hopeful interest in nothing.

No comments: