Thursday, February 15, 2007

Fanmail: nothing makes people happy!

On Feb 15, 2007, at 12:31 AM, A fan of nothing wrote:

I got bored, so I googled nothing. This web site is about nothing, and nothing can make me happier.
-A fan of nothing

To which I responded:

Thank you for your interest in nothing. Boredom is not a new way to get to know nothing, but each case of boredom is surely unique. That's why when someone else is bored you can never say, "I know exactly how you feel." Most of the e-mails we get are actually from bored people. It is exciting for all of us here at nothing.net to see boredom as such a strong motivator for learning. In the old days kids who were bored had to zone out and daydream in order to learn nothing, but today, with computers in almost every classroom the youth (and adults pretending to be young) just look us up online and get to know nothing directly from the "source".

Also, I am thrilled to see that nothing makes you happy. That shows that you are a positive thinker, not like those "glass half full" losers, with them it's always something.

No comments: